Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Nick

When I called my Dad yesterday to wish him a happy birthday, he was en route to the dog park, on the golf cart, taking Nicholas (their miniature poodle) to go to the bathroom. Now Really. ....What other dog do you know that gets a chauffeur driven ride to the dumper? I asked him if he was required to wear a chauffeur hat and if Nick did, on occasion, bark out "Once around the block, Jeeves". No wonder this dog finds it beneath him to take a walk to relieve himself. Often, my dad is exasperated because the dog will not move at all. Most dogs look forward to a walk. They relish it! Nick, instead looks down his nose, and waits for his transportation to arrive. You know that once they get to Pearl Lake, (the summer spot) the man is going to have to physically carry the dog. So for any of you who wonder exactly who wears the pants in that family...I would have to say the only one who doesn't wear pants at all. Hats off Nick...you have done a better job of whipping that man into shape than my Mom, my sisters or myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment