Saturday, January 12, 2013

Home shopping

I am deeply concerned about my current fascination with all of the shop at home networks popping up on my cable tv. HSN, QVC....you know the ones. As I channel surf to avoid watching the barrage of ads that surface every three minutes in the middle of my favorite show, I end up, ironically, watching the only commercial that lasts longer than the most syndicated of soap operas. I do not watch soap operas because they have no end or beginning, and hold no interest for me at all. I will, however, gaze mindlessly at the sparkle of Lucite bracelets and huge clunky rings for hours before I realize that I have been sucked in. What is that? They must be geared exclusively for women, because my couch commando grip on the remote control goes on complete hiatus. I may be trying to figure out how many ways one can explain a piece of gaudy, brightly colored plastic as a necessity, however, it is probably the comfort of the home shopping hawkers voice and the knowledge that whatever they happen to be selling, I know they will eventually bore me to sleep. Have you ever NOT seen them selling to women? Even the camcorders can be ordered in pink! I know why it is not as appealing to men, if they just included some more explosions, the male demographic would be much more likely to tune in. So, now that they know the secret, I will need a kickback. Since I have shared my two cents, I will need at least three for sharing....

No comments:

Post a Comment